Give an inch and the Chinese will take a mile. Ever since people in China received access to Obama’s Google+ page, they’ve been bombarding it with Mandarin comments, calling him nicknames like “Big Brother Ma.” I guess it’s good to have fans all around the world?
The Chinese are calling it Occupy Obama, in reference to the Occupy Wall Street movement, and it’s actually pretty hilarious. Here are some of my favorite comments, translated into English:
- Obama brother, your ipad3 is too expensive, I can’t afford it, can you please make it cheaper.
- Big brother ma, do you eat noodles?
- Big brother ma, can you please introduce an American to be my wife?
- Obama, what’s a good tv drama to watch? let me know.
- Uncle Obama, quite handsome
- Obama uncle, we should play basketball sometimes.
- Little Obama brother, I hope you are reborn in in the mainland and become the emperor.
- Pay us our money!