If you’re a makeup and beauty fanatic like I am, you’ve probably heard about BB cream, also known as Blemish Balm. This beauty product has recently been getting a lot of hype in the U.S. after brands like Garnier, Dior, and Clinique decided to launch their own versions of it.
So what’s so great about this “magical” cosmetic must-have? BB creams were first used to protect skin after laser procedures and surgery, while also providing light coverage. After it was introduced in South Korea and Japan in the 1980s, Korean celebrities began endorsing the product as their “secret” to flawless skin. Since then, this product has gained wide popularity in Asia.
After hearing about BB creams from my favorite YouTube beauty gurus, Jen and Holly, I had to try it out for myself. I’ve been using it for over a year and I must say, it really does live up to the hype! There are many brands out there but the particular brand I’m using is Missha and here are my thoughts on the product:
- My complexion has cleared up and skin tone has lightened and evened out. It only took a couple weeks of use for people to notice a difference.
- It’s a light-weight formula, making it great for everyday wear and an alternative to liquid foundation or tinted moisturizer.
- Contains SPF to block those harmful UV rays.
- One small pump of the cream is enough to cover your entire face. Thus, the product will last you awhile.
- May give your skin a grayish tint if not blended well.
- The SPF contained in the cream may make your face appear whiter in comparison to the rest of your body in photos. Just remember to blend!